Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The secret to this is to use cold cooked potatoes, a cast-iron skillet and don't over stir while they brown in the skillet, this makes a great accompaniment to eggs, prep time does not included overnight chilling time.
Top Review by raven4429
I make a recipe of my own creation almost exactly like this pretty often but I add more onion and add them a bit sooner than you do or even before i begin to cook the potatoes because i like mine carmelized. Your way is still absolutely delicious though !
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes (cooked whole until fork-tender then refrigerated overnight)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cold potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Melt the butter with oil in a 9 or 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the cold potato cubes and cook tossing gently and occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add in onion and continue to cook until the potatoes are browned on all sides, stirring gently.
- Season with seasoned salt and black pepper.