Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a one pot meal. Delicious and easy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 sausage ring, sliced on diagonal (I use Eckridge brand)
- 5 -6 small red new potatoes, cubed (do not peel)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- In very large skillet, place lean ground beef and sliced ring sausage. On top add cubed red potatoes, red bell pepper,onion and spices. Quarter cabbage and separate. Place on top of other ingredients in skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 30-40 minutes. Do not lift lid for 30 minutes. Test potatoes to see if they are done. Add more time if potatoes are not done.
- There will be a lot of drippings from the sausage and beef, this is what steams and flavors the vegetables.
- Use a large slotted spoon to serve.