Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is another one of our favorite shrimp recipes. If you have not tried shrimp on the grill, you should. It's awesome.
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 15 ounces pineapple chunks, drained reserving 2 Tbs. juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, cut into 1 " pieces
- Combine soy sauce, pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, oil, garlic, crushed red pepper and green onions in plastic bag. Add shrimp. Marinate at least 1 hour. I usually let it marinate a few hours.
- Place shrimp, pineapple and green onions on skewers. Grill until pink.
Very nice low cal recipe!
This is fantastic recipe. We loved the marinade for this recipe. I did add a half teaspoon of dillweed(I love dill with any seafood recipe)to the marinade. I made this recipe at the lake in our camper and I didn't have the red pepper flakes so I used a pinch of chili powder.I also added maraschino cherries to the skewers . It was awesome, the cherries really added flavor. The recipe was a big success though. I made enough to share with our friends at the lake and they all just loved it. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Its most differently a keeper!!
Excellent!!! My husband who is not normally a big fan of shrimp, loved this. We both loved the combination of ingredients in the marinade. This is a keeper, Curleyberley. Can't wait to make it again.