Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from George Foreman’s grilling cookbook. Posting for ZWT3.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut in 1 1/4 inch cubes (24 cubes)
- 16 shallots or 16 tiny onions, peeled
- 16 large cherry tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and sauté the garlic, onion, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes until the onion and garlic are soft.
- Add the wine, vinegar, and oregano and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Put the tenderloin cubes in a large plastic bag. When the marinade is cool, pour it over the meat. Seal the bag and refrigerate at least 3 hours (or overnight).
- Blanch the shallots in the microwave with a small amount of water, covered, for a minute or two, until they are partially cooked.
- Using either water-soaked wooden skewers or metal ones, start threading the skewers, beginning and ending with the meat.
- Thread 2 skewers per person, each with 3 cubes of meat alternated with the tomatoes and shallots.
- The kabobs will only take about 5 minutes to cook on the grill.