Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Homage to the flavors of the Southwest
Make and share this Sizzlin' Southwest Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, coarsely chopped (bulk or if links, remove casings)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2-1 cup red onion, finely diced (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 4 -6 hamburger buns
- prepared guacamole
- With a light hand mix together ground beef, sausage, cheese, green chilies and onion. Season with salt and pepper and form into 4-6 patties.
- Grill or broil burgers to desired doneness. Serve hot topped with guacamole on toasted burger buns.