Recipe by Oolala
From a magazine. Daniel Boulud is a famous chef in NYC. Here's a complete meal in a single skillet: crusty scallops, fresh green snow peas and golden potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large scallops
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large yukon gold potatoes, about 3/4 lb., peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 large scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 cups snow peas, about 6 oz., trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- In a very large skillet, heat the oit until shimmering. Add the scallops to the skillet, evenly spaced apart.
- Add the potatoes in an even layer around the scallops and cook over hight heat until the scallops are browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops to a plate.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and turn them over. Add the scallions and rosemary to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and cook, stirring a few times, until the snow peas are tneder, about 3 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to plates.
- Add the water to the skillet along with the scallops and any accumulated juices and cook, stirring until heated through, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon the scallops over the potatoes and snow peas, drizzle with pan juices and serve.