Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Also from Olgasflavorfactory, a yummy breakfast dish You can use ricotta or cottage cheese instead of farmers, just drain out all liquid.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups farmer cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour, plus 1/2 cup more sirniki (for dredging)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- butter or oil, for pan frying
- Put farmers cheese in food processor, pulse 10 times until fairly fine.
- add eggs, sour cream, sugar and vanill, and pulse a few more times til mixed.
- Mix baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup flour in a small bowl, add to processor and combine.
- Add raisins with a spoon or spatula if using.
- add a tablespoon of butter to the pan and heat to medium or medium low.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup flour in a shallow plate. Take a small scoop of batter, flatten it in your hand and dredge in flour. Put it in pan.
- Cook until golden on both sides, serve with honey, fruit or preserves if you like.
I used gluten free flour and dried cherries. Also made for 1 so cut in 1/4. Made one big pancake. Very tasty!
This recipe has quickly become part of our Breakfast menu rotation! I switched cranberries for raisins (no reason other than I love cranberries). I like the texture of the pancakes having the cottage cheese pureed finely and will have to remember that trick for similar recipes. Used unbleached white flour subbing a little bit of whole wheat pastry flour in its place. For garnish: Orange Butter and a very light drizzle of warmed honey. Thanks! Made for Culinary Quest 2014.