- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups farmer cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour, plus 1/2 cup more sirniki (for dredging)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- butter or oil, for pan frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Put farmers cheese in food processor, pulse 10 times until fairly fine.
- add eggs, sour cream, sugar and vanill, and pulse a few more times til mixed.
- Mix baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup flour in a small bowl, add to processor and combine.
- Add raisins with a spoon or spatula if using.
- add a tablespoon of butter to the pan and heat to medium or medium low.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup flour in a shallow plate. Take a small scoop of batter, flatten it in your hand and dredge in flour. Put it in pan.
- Cook until golden on both sides, serve with honey, fruit or preserves if you like.