Recipe by Manami
This came from a combination of recipes that we have been playing around with. Hope you like it.
- 1⁄2 lb linguine or 1⁄2 lb other pastas
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb any mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in 1/8-inch thick strips or
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut in 1/8-inch thick strips or
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in 1/8-inch thick strips
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced Italian parsley
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, trim fat from steak.
- Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/8" strips.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat half the oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Add beef and garlic, half at a time, and stir fry 1-2 minutes, or until outside surface is no longer pink; remove.
- Season with salt, pepper to taste and Italian seasoning.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil until hot.
- Add mushrooms and any combination of bell pepper strips; stir fry 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Return beef to pan; add sliced parsley and toss.
- Place pasta on platter, spoon mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Enjoy with a loaf of warm crispy bread, and sliced tomatoes with onions, and a glass or two of Merlot or Pinot Noir.