Recipe by MacaroniMandy
This is a recipe is one of my favorites. It's kind of a sour soup, but not so much soup as you with a compliment with the rice. You can use pork, shrimp, fish, or chicken. The sinigang packets and fish sauce you can find in an asian market.
Top Review by keebler99
Love this stuff! My grandma used to make it all the time. I didn't use any fish sauce or tomatoes and only used 6 cups of water and the whole packed of sauce mix (we like it extra sour).
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 9 cups water
- 1 large onion
- 2 roma tomatoes (or one large one)
- 1 tablespoon patis (fish sauce )
- 5 small bok choy or 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 lbs meat
- 1 packet soup, 1 . 4oz (sinigang large packet)
- 2 garlic cloves (mashed )
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Oil, add garlic & onion. Lightly brown.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add patis, (fish sauce).
- Add meat until brown.
- Add water
- Bring to rolling boil (if using seafood add now & cook for 20 minutes).
- Reduce to medium low.
- Cook meat for 40 mins
- Add Sinigang packet.
- Add spinach / bok choy and simmer for another 5 minutes ( it won't take long only until wilted)
- Serve with steamed rice, & extra patis. Enjoy!