Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, stalk bottom 4 inches only, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions (2 cut into 2-inch pieces, 1 chopped)
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Make sauce: combine all the ingredients in a bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot; add oil, swirling to coat all sides.
- Add in lemongrass, garlic, and ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add in yellow onion, red bell pepper, and green onion pieces and stir-fry until the onion slices begin to brown on the edges, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and stir-fry until they begin to curl and turn pink, 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Add in the sauce and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens slightly, about 30 seconds.
- Add in the sesame oil and toss to coat the shrimp evenly.
- Transfer to a plate, sprinkle with the chopped green onion, and serve.