1/2 Photos of Singapore Mai Fun
From Cooking Light. Terrific recipe--tastes even better cold, the next day! The snow peas and mung sprouts were my own addition, so feel free to leave them out. Perfect to take to lunch the day after serving for dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package skinny rice noodles (py mai fun)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced (I used 8 more oz of shrimp, you could also use cubed tofu)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced green onion (1-inch slices)
- 1/2 lb snow peas, sliced thinly
- 1/2 lb mung bean sprouts
- 1Cook rice noodles according to package directions, leaving out any fat or salt that may be called for.
- 2Combine broth, soy sauce, sugar and salt, and stir together till sugar dissolves.
- 3Heat large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- 4Add 1 tsp oil.
- 5Add egg; stir-fry 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from pan, and set aside.
- 7Wipe down pan with cloth or paper towel.
- 8Heat remaining oil (about 2 tsp) in pan over med-high heat.
- 9Add bell pepper, ginger, red pepper, and garlic; stir-fry 15 seconds.
- 10Add snow peas, bean sprouts, curry, and shrimp; stir fry two or three minutes, until shrimp is nearly done.
- 11Stir in egg, noodles and broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- 12Sprinkle with green onions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Singapore Mai Fun
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 103.1 mg
- Sodium 791.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth