Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this recipe when trying to decide what to make for a "healthy" co-workers birthday treat. I knew she wouldn't eat cake or a lot of sugar so I thought a great fruit tray with a fruit dip would be excellent. I began by using a traditional recipe and thought it could use an update, so I added pecans, vanilla and nutmeg. It was a big hit at work and I everyone requested the recipe.
- 198.44 g jar marshmallows
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 177.44 ml finely chopped pecans
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- nutmeg (to garnish)
- Combine marshmallow and softened cream cheese in a bowl.
- Finely chop pecans by using a food chopper or processor.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg to garnish.
- Serve with an array of cut fruit such as apples, strawberries, grapes, pineapple, kiwi or your other favorites.
I made this dip for my children for a snack and they loved it. They enjoyed dipping graham crackers, apples and pretzels. I think it will be a nice addition to their school lunches.
This was very good. I would make and take to a party without hesitation. I enjoyed it as written and with the addition of about 3-4 T. pineapple-orange-banana juice. The juice gave it a tiny bit of tang that went very well with pineapple. Thank you Jamie Renee
I brought this dip to a dinner party and it was highly complimented. In fact a few of the guests asked me to forward the recipe on to them! It was very tasty and super easy to make - how can you go wrong?