Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I LOVE this cornbread! I normally don't like traditional cornbreads because of the griddy texture and lack of sweetness. This one is nice because it has flour to smooth out the texture, plus it's sweet, moist, spicy, and all around exciting! It doesn't score points for being healthy, but if you ever feel like being bad and indulgent, try this! This recipe was originally taken from the internet. I initially tried making them like cornbread pancakes, but they fell apart.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup martha white cornmeal
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, chilies, creamed corn and cheese.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and cornmeal.
- Grease a 9 by 13 inch pan with butter.
- Pour in mixture and bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.