Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 medium hamour fillet or 1 medium promfret
- 5 medium onions, sliced finely
- 1 inch ginger, grated finely
- 4 pieces dried garlic, chopped finely
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 1 bunch mint leaf, chopped finely
- 4 medium chilies, chopped finely
- tamarind pulp (1 small ball)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- chili powder
- 250 g yoghurt
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Cut fish in 4 equal parts.
- Grind onion, ginger, garlic, corriander, mint, chillies and tamarind to a paste.
- Mix spices and ground paste into beaten curds.
- Apply this mixture thickly over the fish.
- Melt oil in a frying pan.
- Place slices of fish on the frying pan and cook on medium flame till fish is cooked and is soft and golden.
- Serve hot.