Recipe by imsmybugbunches_11139380
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A creamy potato soup made with Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, which has a spicy kick, as well as the salty crunch of crispy bacon.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons chicken stock
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, plus
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Add bacon to a large skillet and fry over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove the bacon to a plate covered with several paper towels; set aside.
- Roughly chop the chipotle peppers and add them to a large pot or Dutch oven along with the adobo sauce, hash browns, and chicken stock; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- When the mixture has come to a boil, decrease the heat to medium and place a lid on the pot or Dutch oven; cook for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the pot or Dutch oven, and then whisk in the sour cream; cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and either puree the soup with an immersion blender, or in small batches using a normal blender.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces and sprinkle on top of each individual bowl of soup before serving.