Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This recipe has a touch of Mexico with the poblano peppers and the Oaxaca cheese, it has a little kick that the poplano peppers give it, the saute onions complements the dish with its sweetness and the melted cheese gives the creamy texture, and the bacon it's just an extra, it's my husband favorite potato dish. The poblano peppers have to be roasted before you saute them with potatoes. You will love these potatoes for breakfast with fried eggs on the side and your favorite salsa or just the with a flour tortilla and make a burrito. Tip put the peppers in a plastic bag for 5 minutes and it will be very easy to peel and clean them.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 3 poblano peppers, roasted and cut in strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup oaxaca cheese (you can use mozzarella if you can't find Oaxaca)
- 5 flour tortillas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Roast peppers and cut into strips, chopped the onions, and shred the oaxaca cheese.
- In a frying pan fry the bacon bits until almost done they should look crispy not burn, add the onions saute until onions are lightly brown.
- Then add the potatoes and peppers stir constantly so potatoes wont stick and burn cook until potatoes are done depending how crispy you want the potatoes.
- When done turn heat off and flavor with salt and pepper and add cheese and mix well so cheese wont stay just on top.
- Pour some in a flour tortilla, put your favorite salsa on top of potatoes and make a burrito, Then is ready to eat enjoy.