Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living; old family favorite.
Top Review by Gladys58
This is named appropriately and is simply good. This recipe was so easy to make. My granddaughter helped. I used Ritz crackers to crumble on top. The chicken was very rich and creamy. The whole gang gobbled it up. Thanks for a simple, delicious casserole.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 stacks buttery crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove chicken and cool.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Combine chicken, chicken soup and next 3 ingredients.
- Place half of crushed crackers in a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1.
- 5 inch baking dish.
- Spoon chicken mixture over crackers.
- Top with remaining crackers, and drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.