Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Southern Living; old family favorite.
Make and share this Simply Good Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 stacks buttery crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove chicken and cool.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Combine chicken, chicken soup and next 3 ingredients.
- Place half of crushed crackers in a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1.
- 5 inch baking dish.
- Spoon chicken mixture over crackers.
- Top with remaining crackers, and drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
This is named appropriately and is simply good. This recipe was so easy to make. My granddaughter helped. I used Ritz crackers to crumble on top. The chicken was very rich and creamy. The whole gang gobbled it up. Thanks for a simple, delicious casserole.
This was amazing! I used the new Roasted Vegetable Ritz crackers, I think that added a lot of flavor. I threw in some garlic salt and minced onion. My husband said "You can make this once a week!", and that's a huge compliment from him!
Excellent casserole. I needed something very simple and easy for dinner. This was the perfect thing. Had a rich creamy chicken filling. I used crumbled up Town House crackers that made a buttery crust and topping. Tasted delicious and the whole family enjoyed it.