Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
I have been searching for years for the perfect brownie recipe (according to me). This is one I have tried from my Best of Country Cooking Cookbook collection. Not so much fudgy, but very chocolatey! I have to double or triple this recipe for my family because the original recipe amount will not last a whole day around here. I bake them on the low end of the cooking time.
Top Review by Chickee
These were good, not too cakey at all for us, although I did find them quite sweet and a little oily. I think next time I'll use the applesauce and that will fix this up. Super quick and easy, thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or 1/4 cup oil plus 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa, applesauce and oil until smooth. In another bowl, beat eggs.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and cocoa mixture. Stir in flour and salt just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 16 brownies.