Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A good simple zucchini soup to use up all of those extra guys from the garden. Tasty served hot or cold.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1 3⁄4 lbs sliced zucchini
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, for cold soup or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, for hot soup
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano (optional)
- Heat butter and oil in a 3 quart saucepan.
- add onion and saute on low until translucent.
- Add zucchini and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and 2 tablespoons oregano, bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes until tender.
- Pour into a blender and puree.
- Return to the pan and add salt and pepper.
- Add cream if serving it hot.
- If serving it cold, cool soup to room temperature and whisk in the yogurt.
- Garnish with remaining oregano.
This was a good basic zucchini soup. Thank you!