1/3 Photos of Simple yet Elegant Babylonian Apricot Jewels
Created for RSC #6. Okay, I have a confession to make here. This recipe is not entirely my own original creation. I was discussing the contest over the phone with Sushiman, and being a fairly decent cook himself (okay, an amazing cook), he started coming up with a recipe on his own. With a little tweaking by yours truly, I think we have come up with something wonderful together.... This can be cute little finger food to serve at a party, or part of a dessert plate. As an appetizer, leave out the powdered sugar. If serving as a dessert, bring it on!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the cashews, raisins, white wine, lemon zest and cream cheese and powdered sugar until it forms a paste.
- 2You can do this in the food processor to really mix everything together.
- 3Take one apricot, and spread some of the cheese on it, nice and thick.
- 4Cover with a second apricot.
- 5Do this to make a total of 16 "sandwiches".
- 6Sprinkle or roll in powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple yet Elegant Babylonian Apricot Jewels
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 89.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of