Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Created for RSC #6. Okay, I have a confession to make here. This recipe is not entirely my own original creation. I was discussing the contest over the phone with Sushiman, and being a fairly decent cook himself (okay, an amazing cook), he started coming up with a recipe on his own. With a little tweaking by yours truly, I think we have come up with something wonderful together.... This can be cute little finger food to serve at a party, or part of a dessert plate. As an appetizer, leave out the powdered sugar. If serving as a dessert, bring it on!
- Mix the cashews, raisins, white wine, lemon zest and cream cheese and powdered sugar until it forms a paste.
- You can do this in the food processor to really mix everything together.
- Take one apricot, and spread some of the cheese on it, nice and thick.
- Cover with a second apricot.
- Do this to make a total of 16 "sandwiches".
- Sprinkle or roll in powdered sugar.
This is a fabulous recipe. If you don't want to stuff apricots, use this as a cake filling, it is very, very good. I used Monbazillac sweet white wine...next time I may use a creamy liquer, or Cointreau. Also, for part of the recipe, I used dried strawberries, and this was really, really good!
My family found this to be a very interesting dish! The filling smelled wonderful while I was blending it. It made much more filling than I used last night. My package of apricots only made 12 sandwiches. So I bought some more apricots today so we can finish it off. I used Mediterrean apricots yesterday (because of the name), but today used CA grown - mmm... even better. The filling was also chilled today - and I think that was better also.