Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple and delicious bakery style cake from Pillsbury.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 egg whites
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, and shortening at low speed until moistened.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add vanilla and egg whites; continue beating an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.