Recipe by Melanie B.
This is a very simple and light tomato/avocado crostini. I like to think of it as a cross between a bruschetta and a salsa topped toast.
Top Review by Sharon123
I had this for lunch and it was very good! Loved the lime juice! I scaled the recipe down for just me, using 2 slices of baguette. Thanks for a nice light lunch! Made for My 3 Chefs event.
- 1 cup plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub garlic clove on each slice of hot baguette. This will add a perfect light garlic essence without being "in your face" or oily. This technique is actually one of my favorites to use with crostinis or toasted sandwiches.
- Mix together tomato, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the tomato/avocado mixture onto the garlic rubbed crostinis.
- Serve and enjoy!