Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my take on a recipe I found elsewhere. Simple and delicious muffins that are good for you!
Make and share this Simple Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Muffins (Low Calorie) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup sweet potato (mashed)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- preheat oven to 350.
- mix wet ingredients.
- mix dry ingredients.
- combine wet and dry ingredients until just mixed.
- put into lined or greased muffin tin.
- bake for 15-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. I made this for 2009 Fall PAC. My family wasn't crazy over these muffins. I think because they were made with whole wheat flour and they don't like whole wheat flour where I don't mind it. When I made these muffins I only used 1/4 tsp. salt and I didn't have egg beaters so I subbed Homemade Egg Substitute for them. Otherwise I made these as directed. I'd like to make these again w/Splenda added to make them sweeter. Overall these were just alright. Thanks for posting! Christine (internetnut)