Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple baked chicken breast with a moist stuffing in the center and a crunchy breading on the outside. Served with mashed potatoes and topped with chicken gravy. Add another vegetable such as corn or green beans and you have a great meal.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 6 ounces Stove Top stuffing mix, prepared
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Butterfly chicken breasts. This means to lay them as flat as possible, slice through leaving them connected just enough to open up like a book.
- Prepare boxed stuffing as directed. By changing the kinds of stuffing you can change up the flavor of the filling, or you can use left over cooked stuffing.
- Crush croutons and cornflakes, the cleanest way to do this is to place croutons and cornflakes into a zipper type bag and roll it with a rolling pin. Place in shallow dish and set to the side.
- Prepare pan, line with foil or parchment paper, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open up each chicken breast.
- Place stuffing on half the chicken, make this as full as you want as long as you can fold the top piece of the breast back over, I find using an ice cream scoop is very helpful.
- Fold over the top of the chicken breast half.
- Press the stuffed chicken breast into the cornflake breading mixture, coat both sides and press firmly being sure to coat well.
- Place on pre pared baking sheet.
- When all are on baking sheet, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Half tof each breast is a small serving, slice in half, then make further slices and fan out, using any leftover stuffing as a side, may cover with chicken gravy.
This was a very easy chicken dish. very tasty & I love the crispy coating.