Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
a very simple recipe for shortbread. Serving is aprx. and would work well for a small gathering of friends over tea top with cinammon, sugar and almonds- delish!
- mix flour and sugar in a bowl.
- add butter in in small chunks.
- work with hands until you get a fine crumbley mixture that still sets when pressed.
- press shortbread mixture onto an ungreased non-stick cookie sheet or pan.
- bake for 30mins at 325 (time will vary depending on thickness) watch for it to turn a pale tan color.
Excellent quick and totally yummy recipe...we keep these around our house all of the time! You may want to double it since it makes very little...and...it doubles perfectly!
I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten free flour which already has all you need in it to use as a regular flour. These were SOOOOOO easy and buttery. Stayed together But I agree with former viewer you need to double this recipe or you only have half a pan full BEST easiest recipe EVER