Recipe by *Petunia*
This recipe is simple because you use cans of German Potato Salad. It only takes about 30 minutes to bake so it's ideal for those busy nights.
Top Review by ChandraSoleil
My mom used to make this with pork chops - I'm making this recipe now with browned pork chops, I sauteed a little red onion, red cabbage and red pepper strips. I'm in the southern US and couldn't find canned German Potato Salad. I went to an +Aldi+ store this week and they had it! (Aldi is from Germany) So this may be a new addition to the carrerole arsenal!
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans german potato salad
- 3⁄4 lb cooked kielbasa or 3⁄4 lb sausage, cut into 1 " pieces
- 1 cup soft white breadcrumbs or 1 cup rye bread, crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 3 teaspoons dry parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole.
- In large bowl, combine the celery, onions and salad.
- Spoon 1/2 of the salad mix into the casserole.
- Place all the kielbasa or sausage on top of the salad in casserole.
- Now spoon remainder of salad on top of the sausage.
- In a small bow, mix the bread crumbs with the butter and parsley.
- Sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until heated well.