1/3 Photos of Simple Pasta With Parmesan
Another stupidly simple side dish made from pantry staples that my family asks for over and over. The savory combination of flavors goes well with many other foods. It can be made with freshly-cooked pasta or with leftover, cooked pasta that has no sauce on it. I've included options for some variations to create not-so-simple but extremely tasty side dishes or complete, one-dish meals by adding ingredients you probably have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put pasta into a microwavable dish large enough to give you a little room for stirring and tossing.
- 2Dot pasta with butter or drizzle with olive oil.
- 3Sprinkle Parmesan over top. Add plenty of fresh-ground, black pepper.
- 4Heat in microwave on high 3 to 5 minute at a time, stirring frequently, until thoroughly hot.
- 5Serve, passing the pepper grinder at the table.
- 6You can add 1-2 cups of cooked meat (chicken, turkey, and ham are all especially good), and/or 1-3 cups pre-cooked, chopped vegetables. I particularly recommend broccoli, zucchini, onions, and/or green, snap, or snow peas.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Pasta With Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 119.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 11.5 g