Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very simple pancake recipe using ingredients I always have on hand. This is my Mom's recipe; making and eating them always reminds me of Saturday mornings, cartoons, and childhood. These are not big fluffy pancakes, nor are they thin; they are somewhere in between. Serve with butter, syrup, and jam.
- Mix together the egg and sugar.
- Whisk in vanilla and milk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Whisk dry ingredients into wet, leaving a few lumps.
- Do not overbeat.
- Preheat a skillet on med-low to medium.
- Butter the skillet and drop by large spoonfuls, spreading the batter out.
- When many bubbles appear (a minute or two), flip pancakes over.
- Cook for another minute or two.
- Lightly press in the center of a pancake; if it springs back, they are done.
- Between skillets of pancakes, wipe out the brown butter with a paper towel and re-butter, as this will help give you light pancakes.
Quick and easy.
These tasted more like egg than cake - we thought the flour/milk to egg ratio was a bit off but we went ahead and made them exactly as stated The batter was very liquidy and the resulting pancakes did not have a very nice texture
This is the best tasting and easiest pancake recipe ever! I have made it many tines and am about to make some right now!