Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in "Cooking with Paula Deen" I don't believe its one of her recipes though. I think it came from Florida's Natural orange juice. Thought I would share the recipe. I love oranges. I can't wait to try these.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Lightly greased a 13x9 baking dish, set a side.
- In a large bowl, combine 2c. flour and 1/2c. confectioner sugar.
- Add in butter,stir til crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In another bowl, stir together sugar,eggs and orange juice until well blended. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder and add to sugar mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour onto hot crust and bake another 25 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with extra confectioner sugar if desired.
I found these bars lacking in citrus flavor and I even added a couple of drops of orange extract..The base was so rich,not worth the calories,sorry...
I've made these twice....thanks Marsha for posting the recipe here.. THESE ARE easy to make and have a wonderful flavor and texture. I've had several requests for them after taking them to a church supper.