Recipe by rosechel
These are light fluffy and delicate. YUM. I have looked and looked for a simple recipe for meringue cookies. I have tried many and failed. This was found by searching various meringue cookies and directions and adapted by me. Enjoy.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Mix egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, and salt together on high speed till frothy and bubbling.
- Next gradually add sugar 1/4 c at a time until completely mixed.
- Continue beating mixture for another 5 minutes or until it is forming stiff peaks.
- Spoon out mixture onto a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 2 hours, checking to see that the cookies are golden.
- Turn oven off and then open the door to let the heat out and the cookie to dry completely.