Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy, tasty little treats. From a community cookbook from East Hampton.
Make and share this Simple Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces coconut flakes
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- Mix all ingredients together and shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place about 1 1/2 inch apart on a lined or buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Watch the first batch, since ovens vary so much.
Can't wait to try these cookies. I love macaroons and these look so pretty with the chocolate drizzled on them. Also, I grew up in East Hampton and wondered if you lived there at one time too.
Hi Mamie, thanks for a simple yet effective macaroon recipe. I 3/4'ed the recipe since I had a 300ml can of sweetened condensed milk, and got 24 little packages of moist and gooey coconutty goodness. Each round of six was a different experiment in size and cooking time. The results of the experiment? In my oven, 350 is a bit too hot, and 15 minutes is a bit too long. Optimum temp and time is about 325 for 13 minutes. And the best shape and size I found to be large, round and flat. For something fun, I piped chocolate stripes across the top of my macaroons, more for looks than for taste. So thanks for a great recipe, look forward to making it again!