Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is great for a quick lunch or snack, and it can be made from ingredients most folks have in their pantries already. For a change of pace, try adding a can of white tuna packed in water. This is great over a bed of lettuce, or served on whole-wheat pitas or grilled flatbread.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 roasted yellow pepper (can use 1 whole red if yellow aren’t on hand)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped into ribbons
- Toss all ingredients except basil in bowl.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss in fresh basil right before serving.
This is delicious especially with the addition of the lemon. Definitely a keeper.