Recipe by AZPARZYCH
This was in the Sunday paper; the picture posted looks really good!
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Yummy. This was so good, and quite quick to prepare. I used mild Italian sausage and thought it went well with the other spices of other ingredients, but I could see where the hot Italian sausage would be wonderful, too (well that is if my family would just learn to like the hotter sausage as much as I do!). I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe, AZPARZYCH. Made for Zaar Stars tag game.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook sausage 4-6 minutes, drain excess fat.
- Add green peppers and onions, cook until crisp.
- Add diced tomatoes and vegetable juice; cook and stir until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice.
- Cover and let stand 6-8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.