Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my mother's recipes, very popular in our family for holiday dinners. Very easy, uses prepared dressing in marinade; the dill makes the difference in taste. Best made one-two days in advance.
- 2 green peppers, diced or sliced thin and bite sized
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved or 5 -6 medium tomatoes, cut into large chunks or 12 -14 roma tomatoes, cut in chunks (basically 2 lbs)
- season salt
- garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- red wine vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) bottleprepared Italian dressing
- parmesan cheese
- Slice vegetables, place together in bowl or container that can close tightly.
- Sprinkle over top of vegetables with seasoned salt and garlic powder and 1 tsp dill weed.
- Add a few shakes red wine vinegar and entire bottle of salad dressing.
- Shake parmesan cheese over all.
- Mix together thoroughly but lightly.
- Place in closed container.
- Marinate one to two days in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Serve chilled.
This really is a simple recipe, but very tasty! Summer is a perfect time to make this salad because of all the fresh veggies available. I followed your directions in making this salad, but it wasn't specified whether to use fresh dill or dried. I opted for fresh dill, and increased the amount to 2 tsps. I marinated for approximately 8 hours (I had to have a bite), and it was really good, and still a good bit of crunch (which I like). Thank you so much for sharing this healthy, delicious recipe. It's a keeper!!!