Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a nice change from regular grilled cheese. A lot of adults get tired of regular grilled cheese by the time they have kids, this is one that you and your kids will love as well. You can cook them under your broiler if you wish, but be careful they will burn easily! :) You could also serve these as a side dish with Italian pasta instead of garlic bread!
- 4 slice white bread
- butter or margarine
- 226.79-453.59 g mozzarella cheese (depending on how much you like, I use shredded)
- 236.59 ml marinara sauce (any kind)
- garlic powder
- Preheat a large pan over medium heat.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side.
- Place mozzarella cheese on un-buttered side of two pieces of bread, top with other two slices of bread.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder on each buttered side of the bread.
- Cook in preheated pan until golden.
- Heat marinara sauce in pan or microwave.
- Serve sauce with sandwiches for dipping.
A different way for grilled cheese sandwiches, but definately well enjoyed and liked the idea of marinara sauce. Made for I recommend..
Yummy! We had ours with some minestrone soup! Thanks for the recipe. :)
Really, really good. I did mine in the oven on a cookie sheet. I also added some fresh chopped basil between the cheese layers. We all gobbled them up! Thanks.