1/3 Photos of Simple Ham Empanadas
Great fingerfood for a party. Ready-rolled puff pastry makes these quick and easy. Can be pre-made to step 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to hot 220C (425F). Line, or lightly grease, 2 baking trays.
- 2Place the eggs in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Boil for 10 minutes, then drain and cool in cold water for 5 minutes. Peel and chop.
- 3Combine the egg, olives, ham and Cheddar in a large bowl.
- 4Cut out five 10cm rounds from each pastry sheet (15 in total). Place 1 tablespoon of filling onto the centre of each circle. Fold the pastry over, to create a half-circle, and seal the edges.
- 5Place the empanadas on the prepared trays about 2cms apart. Brush with the egg yolk and bake for 15 minutes, or until puffed and dark golden in colour.
- 6You may need to swap the trays around at the 10 minute mark to cook evenly. If they start to brown too much loosely cover with foil. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Ham Empanadas
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.8
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 282.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g