Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have yet to try this myself, but I have enjoyed other fruits made this way so why not mangos! I think these would be nice in a salad, in salsa or just served as-is after a meal.
- 1⁄3 cup organic sugar (aka evaporate cane juice, any natural sugar should work)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 inches gingerroot, sliced thin
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled pitted and sliced
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
- Combine sugar, water and ginger in a small saucepan and heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and let cool; when the syrup is completely cooled, remove and discard the ginger. While that cools you can cut up your mangos and melt the margarine/butter.
- Brush the mango slices with melted margarine/butter and grill until slightly charred (2-3 mnutes), turning once.
- Place the mangos in a bowl, add the syrup, cover and let cool.
- When ready to serve, cut the mango into bite-sized chunks or whatever size you need.
Made this as given & served several grilled fruits with dinner then used the left overs the next day in a fruit salad! Very, very nice, & a wonderful way to serve fruit with special company around! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]