Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a very quick and easy recipe for bow-tie pasta that's perfect for lunch
Make and share this Simple Garlic Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- Boil water, add pasta to cook.
- Pour olive oil into a heated pan.
- When oil is hot, add chopped garlic and sauté.
- When pasta is finished, drain and pour into a large bowl. Add olive oil and garlic, and toss until pasta is coated.
- Tear basil leaves into small pieces and sprinkle over pasta; mix.
- Grate cheese over top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
My Italian sister-in-law who doesn't like to cook taught me this recipe years ago. It is now a staple in our house. and yes it must be with bow-ties! Hubby would eat it once a week if I let him. I actually take the time to slice my garlic very thin to cook in the oil. When the garlic is brown I scoop them out with a spoon and serve on the side for him. He loves the little chewy brown pieces of garlic mixed in with his pasta. I don't, but will sometimes throw dried red pepper flakes on mine. Once in a while we will drop fresh broccolli in the water with the pasta also. Yummy!!
i tght i was the only one who made pasta this way i usually add steamed veggies n shredded chicken to this love it !!!
We liked the simplicity of this dish. I served it as a side at dinnertime. Toddler DD loves pasta & the bowties are a fun change for her. I think this would even make a great main dish with the addition of some cooked & shredded chicken or cooked & crumbled bacon. Thanks for sharing, LadyBell! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for PAC Spring 2008.