Recipe by Cookin' Cop
Cranberry sauce recipes range from the very simple (cranberries, water, and sugar) to the relatively complex. This is my personal compromise. It's only slightly more complicated to make than the most basic recipe, but it has enough extra in it to make it a bit more interesting.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries (rinsed)
- 4 -6 ounces fresh blueberries (rinsed)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 inch fresh gingerroot (peeled)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients, return to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until berries burst.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove ginger root, refrigerate until cold (preferably over night to allow ample time to gel).
- Even after cooling, this is a bit runny for some people's taste. You can solve this by either reducing the amount of liquid added, or by boiling some of it off.