Recipe by TheRedneckHippie
A very simple, quick, and easy version of cream cheese frosting that's as smooth as a baby's bottom. Incredibly versatile - you can add any flavors or colors, and use this for frosting the entire cake as well as piping by simply changing the consistency with less or more sugar. GREAT with chocolate cakes.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 -5 cups powdered sugar, depending on the consistency you want
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese and butter on low speed using either a stand or hand mixer until well mixed and smooth.
- Sift sugar. This is very important to avoid small sugar lumps and achieve a very smooth frosting.
- Add sugar, one cup at a time, mixing well in between each addition. Stop when you get the consistency you desire.
- At this point, you can use as is or add flavorings 1 tsp at a time until you get the desired taste. Any kind will work well with this frosting.
- Cocoa mixes well into this for chocolate cream cheese frosting. Start with two tablespoons and go up from there, a tablespoon at a time, until you get the level of chocolate-ness you want.
- Or color it: Since this frosting is almost snow white, you can add any color you like.
- And if it's too sweet for you, add a bit of salt to counteract that. You can really do whatever you like with this one.