Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and simple clam sauce. A great pantry recipe.
- 3 (6 ounce) cans minced clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups hot cooked pasta (8 oz. Dry)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Drain clams in a colander, reserve liquid.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato parsley and pepper, cook 1 minute.
- Add wine, cook 30 seconds.
- Add reserved Clam liquid and pasta, tossing to coat; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently.
- Stir in clams and basil.
- Serve immediately.
The flavor was nice, but it was really watery. Part of that could have been because I used canned tomatoes rather than fresh.