Recipe by Lynnnnnnnnnnn
Indulge in this yummy chocolate, yet still healthy snack. This bread would be great served with a few fresh cut strawberries on top to give it a little more of a sweet taste. Great for an afternoon snack or even breakfast.
Top Review by Outta Here
This has a great texture but seemed a bit bland. More spices needed, I think. The basic recipe is fine and I will try again and experiment. I think less nutmeg and maybe some cloves or allspice. And some nuts, which would change the fat content some. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.
- 2 cups zucchini
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces nonfat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350°.
- Prepare pan 2-3 muffin pans or 1 loaf pan with cooking spray and flour; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, baking powder & cocoa.
- In another mixing bowl, combine zucchini, yogurt & egg white.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Bake 60 minutes.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes.