1/3 Photos of Simple Chili
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This comes from a Betty Crocker cookbook of One Dish Meals and it is so yummy! Its easy to make too, most of the time is for simmering. This is really mild, but could be a great starting point for a spicier chili. ZWT 3: U.S. (chili) and Mexican/tex-mex/S.W. (variation)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained or 1 (15 -16 ounce) can pinto beans, if desired
- 1Cook beef, onion and garlic in 3 qt saucepan until beef is brown.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients except beans.
- 3Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low.
- 4Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in beans.
- 6Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low.
- 7Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
- 8To freeze for OAMC: Let chili cool to room temperature and then place into quart-size freezer bag. Remove air and freeze flat on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, can be stored in freezer standing up or stacked horizontally.
- 9To serve, thaw in fridge overnight and then transfer to a pot and reheat over medium low heat until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Chili
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 873.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 32.1 g