Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been adapted from a Gordon Ramsey recipe featured on his F-Word television show. The carrots are simple, but have a lovely sweetness and hint of garlic. I sometimes, cook some frozen peas according to package directions and mix them in with the carrots just before serving.
- 10 -12 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 55 g caster sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Add the carrots to a pan of cold water.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- I like my carrots to still have a little bite, if you like them softer you might have to increase the cooking time a little.
- Remove the garlic cloves and serve.
This recipe takes carrots into another dimension! Totally mouth watering and have been added to my all time favourite recipe list! THANKS :)
Great carrots! The slight sweet taste with the garlic flavor was a big hit with my family. It's a keeper. Thanks Sylvie. bullwinkle
Terrific blend of flavours that compliment the carrots perfectly. We really enjoyed this dish, thanks for posting!