Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great candied pecans to put out during the holidays. Got this recipe from my mom. Not sure where it came from originally. I really like that this recipe doesn't call for any margarine or butter. It's bad enough that I'll sit down and eat handfuls of these...the least I could do is skip the butter too. :)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix egg white and water together.
- whisk until fluffy (not stiff).
- Put pecans in large bowl, pour egg water mixture over them
- Stir to cover.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt together.
- Pour over pecans, stir to cover.
- Spread pecans on a pan (use a silpat for easier cleanup!).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.
These were good and easy to make. I love pecans and this recipe made them very tasty. I followed the recipe as written other then I used Splenda instead of sugar as that is all I buy. I also didn't add the salt. Made for Spring PAC 2009.