Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so simple but tastier than any other tomato sauce I have ever had. The key I believe is in the organic tomato passata.
- 500 g organic tomato passata (thick sieved tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Combine everything in a small saucepan.
- Heat gently for 10 minute.
- Wonderful on pasta or ricotta ravioli.
I was unable to find passata... which I know is sort of the center of the recipe... but lacking that, I used a simple tomato-basil pasta sauce. So quick, and really tasty sauce! I served it over rice and vegetarian meatballs. Thanks! (Made for PAC spring '08)