Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
These cookies are super yummy. Great for holidays because of the variations! i had the recipe for the cookies off of the cake mix box but the frosting is all my own, and i would love to share! These cookies remind me of the iced sugar cookies you can pick up at a grocery store around the holidays.
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) premade cream cheese frosting
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packetsof your favorite juice powdered drink mix (no sugar, i recommend lime or strawberry)
- 1 ounce candy sprinkles (I would strongly recommend simple sprinkles they are cute and dont take away from the taste of the c)
- Mix all ingredients for cookies in a large mixing bowl by hand until it is relatively smooth.(a few small clumps here and there will be ok, the will disappear in backing).
- With floured hands pinch a small amount of "dough" and roll into a ball.(they should be a little smaller then a ping-pong ball, about 1-11/2 inch) Place on ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- When your cookie sheet is full dip the bottom of a glass jar or a tablespoon in flour and gently press down on the dough balls.(1/4 inch thick).
- bake 7-9 minutes @ 350 degrees until a slight golden brown around edges.
- *please note that these cookies will be pretty soft in the center when you take them out so this next step is important.they can not be baked longer because it will make the cookie to dark.
- let each tray sit 5 minutes before transferring them to a sheet of aluminum foil dusted with powdered sugar(its so the moisture from the cookies doest cause the cookie to stick, if you want you can use flour instead.).
- after they are cool you can ice them and top off with the sprinkles.
- *if using two or more flavors of drink mix you will need to divide your cream cheese frosting into the appropriate number of small bowls.
- Start stirring in small amounts of of the powdered mix. stir completely before adding more. test for taste. add more if wanted a stronger tatse.
- ice cookies and top with your choice of toppings.
These cookies are sinfully good. I used Triple Chocolate cake mix and replaced the oil with an equal amount of unsweetened applesauce. Everyone really liked them.