Recipe by grumblebee
Delicious and healthy, this salmon salad is quick to prepare and perfect for lunch or to bring to a potluck. Can be served hot or cold - it's great either way! Feel free to adjust seasonings to taste. (I like adding extra garlic sometimes because I am a garlic fiend!) Sliced, ripe olives are also a nice addition.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans salmon, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ground pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions for about 8 minutes, or until just tender; drain.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, garlic, and olive oil for the dressing.
- Place pasta in large bowl and mix with dressing, drained salmon and remaining ingredients and toss to mix well.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste. (if desired).
- Serve either hot or cold. (note- the flavours develop nicely if you chill this first -- letting it sit overnight makes it even more flavourful, but it's up to you!).