Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is nice when you don't have fresh basil on hand.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon basil, paste (I use Gourmet Garden)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 whole wheat baguette, sliced on the diagonal
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter, basil paste and Parmesan in bowl.
- Spread mixture evenly on bread slices.
- Top with tomatoes.
- grind fresh pepper over tomatoes.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- or until crisp.
Wonderful bruschetta recipe!!! I used Italian bread instead of whole wheat baguette and this turned out delicious. Will make this again.
Wonderful! A fantastic quick snack. Loved the fresh tomatoes and atop the warm parmesan and basil bread. Made as written. Thanks so much for the soooo yummy post.
Perfection on a plate! Seriously, good. Followed this exactly, and used the basil in a jar. I did have some fresh I also put on too! So nice and crispy, and this was scarfed up faster then button popping off a pair of pants. Delicious! The best! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* May 2010