Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and simple side dish that I throw together regularly with ingredients I almost always have on hand. It's tasty and healthy!
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Mix chicken stock and next 5 ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, return mixture to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes (for instant rice-- follow package recommended cooking times for other brown rice varieties).
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Very quick and easy to make. Tasty! I don't think guests would believe it was so simple. It accompanied the tilapia I grilled on my brand new George Foreman grill, so I had quite a delicious healthy meal. Will try adding nuts to the pilaf next time. I think that would add a nice flavor; however, it was very good just exactly as the recipe was printed.
I've made this recipe so often that I don't even need measure the spices anymore. My fav way to make brown rice
This was very easy and tasty. Highly recommend.